Community First Aid
This course deals with serious conditions and incidents. It is ideal if you would like to be trained in CPR skills and know what to do when initially faced with an emergency.
Who should attend?
This course is for members of the public who want to learn how to deal with accidents and injuries involving adults and children. We welcome young people from the age of 12 onto all our community first aid courses. If under the age of 16, you must attend with a responsible adult member of the family or guardian (two young people per adult).
What you will learn
The course covers emergency life support techniques, and deals with all casualties (Adult, child, and babies).
You will cover the following topics during the course;
- Communication and casualty care
- Looking after yourself and the casualty
- Adult, child, and baby resuscitation
- Treatment of choking in adults, children, and babies
- Treatment of severe bleeding
- Chest pains
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty.
One days / 6 hours.
Assessment and certification
People attending our workplace First Aid courses are trained and assessed by one expert trainer/assessor whilst the course is progressing.
What the price includes
- You can have up to 15 candidates on a course.
What the price does not include
- Venue (You can use your own site or find a venue close to all of your candidates), this is not included in the price.
- Catering (You may choose to provide lunch for you candidates), this is not included in the price.