Activity First Aid
This course is ideal for people who have responsibility for taking groups of people on activity outings such as outdoor walks or bike rides.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for members and leaders of activity and youth groups.
What you will learn?
The course covers how to deal with conditions specific to leisure and sporting activities and the outdoors.You will cover the following topics during the course;
- Communication and casualty care
- Looking after yourself
- Emergencies in public
- Extremes of temperature
- Recognition and treatment of low blood sugar
- Role of the first aider in a group setting
- Resuscitation, Choking
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Bites and stings
- Sprains and strains
- Head injuries
- Chest pains and shock
- Recognition and treatment for meningitis
- Seizures and Stroke
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
Two days / 12 hours.
Assessment and certification
People attending our workplace First Aid courses are trained and assessed by one expert trainer/assessor whilst the course is progressing.
What the price includes
- You can have up to 15 candidates on a course.
What the price does not include
- Venue (You can use your own site or find a venue close to all of your candidates), this is not included in the price.
- Catering (You may choose to provide lunch for you candidates), this is not included in the price.